Karnes Pro-Bono Project
What We Do
Karnes County Residential Center
- Legal research: Country decisions and court rulings in support of positive findings for our clients.
- Intake: A series of forms that gather basic information of the client’s history and case.
- Credible Fear Interview (CFI) or Reasonable Fear Interview (RFI) prep: Assisting families in the articulation of their case.
- Release Charla: Providing legal advice to families of what to expect if released from Karnes.
- Declarations: Similar to affidavits, we draft a written statement confirmed by oath, to support a positive finding in immigration court.
- CFI or RFI representation: Representing families at their CFI or RFI.
- Court representation: Representing families at their immigration court hearings.
*Representation as found in Figure 6 and 7 are reserved for law students and active attorneys only.
If you have a particular skill or background, such as being a:
- medical examiner
- social worker
Please bring an original or copy of your license or certificate, so we may utilize your profession.
*Disclaimer: This is not guaranteed.