Join RAICES this election season to get out the vote for immigrant justice in Harris County by signing up to be a Polling Place Vote Tripler during our days of action on Oct 29th, Oct 30th and Nov 3rd! Polling Place Vote Triplers help voters remind three friends to vote at the polls.
This effort is part of RAICES’ Don’t Look Away campaign which seeks to center migrant justice during an electoral cycle that ignores the human rights of migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers.
What is Vote tripling: Vote tripling is a powerful tactic that relies on a voter’s personal relationship with other voters. One voter knows at least three people who are at risk of not voting and they have the power and ability to turn out those 3 friends to vote, effectively tripling their impact at the polls! It’s simple, but proven effective: we ask voters leaving their polling place to stop and take a moment with you to text three friends to come vote right then. That means instead of one vote for immigrant justice, we can turn out three more votes with this method.
It’s easy, fun, and safe while wearing PPE. It’s a 15-second ask that makes a big impact with every positive conversation. You’ll be assigned to a high-traffic polling location where you’ll be able to talk to a lot of voters.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up below for one (or more!) three-hour shift in a targeted polling location or early vote site.
- We’ll follow up with training dates and times, for you to attend a one-hour training online.
- You’ll receive your designated polling place assignment very close to your shift date. In some areas we won’t know until very close Election Day where the polls will be open – so, your patience and flexibility is greatly appreciated!
- For your shift, you’ll show up in personal protective gear and start asking folks exiting the polls to text three of their friends/family to come vote right then.
- You’ll stay outdoors near the exits of the polls, 6 feet away from everyone, and you won’t talk to anyone without a mask: “No Mask, No Ask.”
- This isn’t a partisan ask of voters: it’s about making sure voters in majority-minority precincts get to vote.
Thanks for making sure everyone is empowered to mobilize their network by vote tripling on Election Day.
To sign up, fill out the form below.