Maria fled Honduras with her husband and two small children after a gang threat against her brother put her and her family in the crosshairs. On top of being forced to live in squalid conditions at a border camp with her two children and husband, Maria is also pregnant.
Despite all of this, the US government sent Maria back to Mexico, where she was kidnapped, claiming she is safe there. She is one of more than 55,000 people put into the Migrant Protection Protocols program. Help us stop this cruelty.
To learn more about MPP, you can check out more of our coverage from the border:
- What is MPP and what can you do to help stop it?
- An overview of how MPP works
- Meet some of the people caught up in MPP
- What it’s like to be pregnant under MPP
- What it’s like for children under MPP